I’m going to show you how to change the size of your iPhone or iPad app icons. By default, the app icons on your iPhone or iPad are set to display at the standard size. However, if the app icons are too small, you have the ability to make them roughly 15-percent larger by zooming in on your overall display. However, doing this increases the size of everything on your screen by roughly 15 percent, so you’ll need to be comfortable with everything on your iPhone or iPad being slightly larger. You can switch to this zoomed in display on your iPhone or iPad through the Settings menu.
- Tap the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad home screen. The Settings screen appears.
- Scroll down, and then tap “Display & Brightness” in the list of options that appear on the Settings screen. The Display & Brightness screen appears.
- Tap “View” in the Display Zoom section. The Display Zoom screen appears.
- Select the “Zoomed” tab along the top of the screen. The image on the lower part of the screen will display a preview of what your app icons and content will look like on your iPhone or iPad with Display Zoom enabled. With Zoomed selected, tap the blue “Set” button in the upper right corner of the screen if you want to apply this setting. A menu flys up from the bottom of the screen, informing you that changing the display zoom will restart your device.
- Tap “Use Zoomed” in the menu. Your iPhone or iPad will turn off for a few seconds. When the device’s screen is reactivated, the Zoom feature will be applied, and your app icons will be larger and more easily visible. If you don’t like the zoomed-in view, you can also walk through this process again, but instead of selecting Zoomed as your view, select “Standard.” Congratulations! You now know how to change the size of app icons on your iPhone or iPad.
How To Move Apps And Create Folders On Your iPhone Or iPad?
Want to find what you need a little faster? Here’s how to organize the apps on your Home screen. You can move apps around your Home screen, to the Dock, or group them together into folders. To move an app, lightly touch it, and hold it until all of your apps jiggle. Now you can drag any app to another spot including the Dock at the bottom of the screen. Just drag the app onto another and release. Your device will suggest a name based on the apps you’re grouping, but you can always customize the folder name. Then, press the Home button to lock your apps back into place. Or, if you’re on the iPhone X, press Done. You can add more apps to a folder at any time. Just press and hold the app, then drag it to the folder and release. Then lock the apps into position and now try it yourself, and customize your Home screen just how you like it.